Click play to hear the full interview ⬇
Jakki introduces her five pillars of Healing the Heart
At the age of 36 she was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure, Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy and Aortic Stenosis from an undiagnosed Bicuspid Aortic Valve.
Her life was turned upside down. Since then, she has been on a journey to heal her body, mind & soul and to reclaim her life.
Now she helps others do the same. Heart disease isn’t the end of your life. It is a second chance. A chance to learn from the past, live joyfully in the present and dream of an amazing future!
Jakki introduces her five pillars of Healing the Heart:
- Nutrition: optimizing nutrition to help your body heal
- Exercise: how to utilize exercise to strengthen the heart
- Yoga: breathing to relax the heart, poses to open the heart and blood vessels and meditation to calm the mind
- Life coaching: learn to live and find happiness in life that can bring joy to your heart
- Root cause: doing the detective work and finding solutions
Disclaimer In brief: Neither Jakki or I are medical practitioners. My work is not intended to replace conventional medicine, it is complementary. If you have concerns about your health, your heart or want to make any life style changes please get expert medical advice.
Here are the links and references that Jakki mentioned in our conversation:
- The Salt Fix by Cardiac Researcher, Dr James DiNicolantino
- The Paleo Cardiologist by Holistic Cardiologist, Dr Jack Wolfson
- The End of Heart Disease by Cardiologist, Dr Joel Furhman
- Mind over Medicine, by Dr Lissa Rankin
Getting to know Sallie Crawley
Survivorship after a life-changing event can be challenging. You can rebuild the puzzle of your life and thrive. It takes one beat at a time and the support of people that have had similar experiences.
And the beat goes on … one moment at a time
If you enjoy my podcast, I would appreciate it if you would share it with your world, your friends, your groups and other hearties. It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to spread the word about my podcast to other hearties and potential guests.